Monday, February 23, 2009

A Few of My Favorites

These are a few of my favorite things... when the dog bites, when the bee... haha just kidding. Here's a list of the things that I have come to love so far.
1. The food because I am a fatty and love to eat
-feta
-greek salad (contains cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, red onions, olive oil and vinegar)
-nutella
-crepes (mostly with nutella and banana)
-gyros
-baklava
-katiefi (ka-tie-eef-ie)
-tzatziki
-fried zucchini (so good with tzatziki)
-chicken souvlaki
-greek coffee and frappe
-obviously the olives :)
-apple fanta
-and I know there will be more to come...
2. Their music
3. The night life
4. The relaxed nature of their culture
5. The crazy drivers
6. The people who are so sweet and just start conversations because they hear you speak english 7. The cheap cab rides
8. The ruins right in the middle of the city
9. The way I try and speak Greek and then am told how to properly pronouce the word
10. The history of their country
11. How easy most of my classes are ;)
12. Soccer
13. Most of all experiencing these differences first hand
These are just a few things that I have loved about the country right off the plane. I hope to find more and more things that intrigue me everyday and continue to surprise me. That's all for now. Thanks for reading :D Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment