Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Weekend and School

I started school yesterday February 9, 2009. I'm taking History of Ancient Greece, Management: Organizational Behavior, Calculus, and Politics: International Relations. Classes don't seem any harder than in the states, they might even be easier, but my Professors seem nice so far. They seem to have a really good sense of humor and most of them are pretty laid back. I've met some really great people through the study abroad program but I haven't really had much contact with any Greek students. However, I'm a little apprehensive about trying to talk to them because I've heard they can be really mean and very unsociable but I guess I'll have to keep trying. Over the weekend I went shopping and went out with some friends to a couple bars and clubs. We couldn't quite last as long as the Greeks though. We only stayed out until about 3:30 am on Saturday. We have found a small bar that is new to the city and we have come to call it our own. They love us there and are so nice to us. The city has a lot of stray cats and dogs, it's insane. It's been hard for me to see all these stray animals because I wish that I could give them all a home. Tragically there is litter all over the city. It's a beautiful city with ruins right in the middle of downtown but there is trash and graffiti everywhere. Good news is Thessaloniki is a port city so it's right on the water front and it's something beautiful I can see any day that I want to. The city is beautiful and would love to come back again someday but I wish some of the people were nicer. Thanks for reading. Stay tuned :D

No comments:

Post a Comment